Tue, 21 Jul, 2020
Software Engineer – Internal Applications (New Grad) - India Uhr
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
AREA OF INTEREST
Engineer - Software
In Cisco, we have an outstanding opportunity where we actually get to use the technology we build!
We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational quality.
We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency gains for enterprise growth and success.
As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first with agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes for our clients.
What You’ll Do
Apply principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer science to the design, development, and testing of business software applications. May work as a member of a scrum team across the entire software development lifecycle.
Designs, develops, and improves software applications / platforms. Multi-facet role that may provide the opportunity to work in any part of the development stack across diverse software languages.
Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including applications, operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, cloud-based and Internet-related tools. Scales systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolves systems to improve reliability, supportability and velocity.
Build high performance, horizontally scalable, low latency service using the latest tech nologies and handle information at massive scale.
Evaluate and leverage new technologies in the product architecture
Participate in a variety of professional development opportunities, network with senior executive leadership team, give back to your local community, and socialize with a community of global technologists.
Software Engineer – Internal Applications
• Problem solving instincts / abilities
• Passion about technology and building software applications, with object-oriented design, test driven development and Continuous Integration / Delivery
• Ability to work efficiently as part of a collaborative team
• Ability to work cross-functionally is solving complex problems
• Proficient in Cloud, Cloud Connector, and Container technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, CloudRun, Knative, Kubernetes, and APIs.
• Proficiency of CI/CD tools, security mindset and orchestration/config mgmt/IaC tools such as terraform, ansible, puppet, etc.
• Familiar with business/ERP applications such as Salesforce, Oracle and SAP and integration with other internal applications.
• Grasp of distributed systems and micro services
• Solid programming background in an object-oriented development and Design Patterns
• Understanding of threads, synchronization, locks, concurrent programming and load balancing
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture enthusiast? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Disclaimer - “Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.”
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on selfcode.in is accurate. However, despite of our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.