Basic of C programming
This C tutorial is designed for beginners so you won’t face any difficulty even if you have no prior knowledge in C language.
As we have seen Hello world program in previous tutorial, Now we are going to further explore C programming and will slowly become pro in that.
How 'C' Works?
C is a compiled language. A compiler is a special tool that compiles the program and converts it into the object file which is machine readable. After the compilation process, the linker will combine different object files and creates a single executable file to run the program. The following diagram shows the execution of a 'C' program
Nowadays, various compilers are available online, and you can use any of those compilers. The functionality will never differ and most of the compilers will provide the features required to execute both 'C' and 'C++' programs.
Following is the list of popular compilers available online:
- Clang compiler
- MinGW compiler (Minimalist GNU for Windows)
- Portable 'C' compiler
- Turbo C
- 'C' was developed by Dennis Ritchie in 1972.
- It is a robust language.
- It is a low programming level language close to machine language
- It is widely used in the software development field.
- It is a procedure and structure oriented language.
- It has the full support of various operating systems and hardware platforms.
- Many compilers are available for executing programs written in 'C'.
- A compiler compiles the source file and generates an object file.
- A linker links all the object files together and creates one executable file.
- It is highly portable.
Related Articles :-
1. Introduction And Getting Started With C
2. Basic Of C Language
3. Why We Should Use C Language
4. Applications Of C Programming
5. Basic Rules For Writting C Program
6. Keywords In C Language
7. Comments In C Programming
8. Tokens In C
9. Difference Between Int Main And Void Main
10. C Processor And Macros
11. Variables In C
12. Types Of Variables In C
13. Difference Between Local And Global Variable
14. Difference Bwtween Auto / Extern / Static Variable
15. Constant In C
16. How To Access Global Variable Using Extern Keyword In C
17. Exit And Return Staterment In C
18. Print Float Value Upto N Decimals In C Programming
19. How To Print Multiline Message Using Single Printf In C Programming ?
20. What Value Returned By Scanf Function In C Language ?
21. What Value Is Returned By Printf And Scanf In C
22. What Do 'Lvalue' And 'Rvalue' Mean In C/C++?
23. Errors In C Programming ?